- Great food, Great wine, Great weather and Lots of Culture. A PERFECT holiday! Everything has been thought of, a perfect villa for 3 couples of varying ages with different activity levels. LOVED our week! Thanks Deborah for the wonderful cakes, and to both Deborah & Louie together for making our stay so memorable. We will be back I am sure.— Hong Kong
- What a wonderful place for a family vacation! We so enjoyed exploring the hill towns during the morning and returning for an afternoon swim. Louie and Deborah are wonderful hosts and we appreciated so much the home-baked surprises. The pool was a perfect place for us to relax with our kids, and the spectacular sunsets and surprises were just another bonus.
- What a wonderful week we have had. The hospitality of Louie and Deborah exceeded all expectations. We enjoyed all their recommendations and enjoyed exploring the area. The kids loved the pool and always looked forward to a swim after touring the beautiful Umbrian towns.— Switzerland
- Thanks for a lovely week. We just wish it could have been longer. We will enjoy working through the recipes on the website.— England
- La Bella Umbria…..Il Casale di Mele welcomed us with open arms. We spent our time alternating days of touring the hill towns with days of relaxing by the pool. Thanks again for your hospitality and for sharing your passion and love of Umbria with us. We will hold Umbria and specifically Il Casale di Mele in our hearts.— Michigan
- We’ve had a fabulous week in your beautiful home – wonderful towns to explore in the area but we also recommend the rafting and tubing at Arrone. Thank you so much for your hospitality – you have really thought of everything to make a week here so relaxing and enjoyable!— England
- Thank you so much for hosting our week, our most memorable week, at Il Casale di Mele. The website photos are beautiful, but when you arrive you realize quickly that your expectations have been exceeded. We sincerely appreciated your sharing the Umbrian experience – from the TomTom programming to the pool-side conversations- not to forget the unbelievable wine tasting and delectable appetizer evening. Thanks for your company, the fantastic weather, and most importantly, thanks for making this such an enjoyable and memorable holiday week!— Waterloo, Canada
- What an unforgettable experience! ~ the house, the views, the countryside. It was all we wanted and more than we expected. Deborah and Louie, you make your guests feel as if they are living next to their best friends. Thank you for your hospitality and wonderful treats. You went beyond the “norm”. We are so glad we stumbled upon your website.
Grazie mille!— Florida
- No photographs or description of your home compare to the moment we walked into your farmhouse for the first time and realized that your home surpassed our expectations. The little “extras” like the gift basket and baked goods made us immediately very comfortable in your home and beautiful surroundings. Your generous hospitality including your tips for the area and the GPS helped us to find some of the many treasures in Umbria. We loved the markets, and our favorite towns were Todi, Orvieto, Montefalco, and Spoleto. We only wish we had more time to explore!
We hope to some day return to Il Casale di Mele.— Florida
- I have been dreaming and planning this trip for a year – from the moment you let me know you had purchased a farmhouse that you were going to rent – and in my most vivid dreams – they couldn’t compare to the real experience. It was truly the most wonderful vacation Dewey or I have ever had. Your wonderful treats were over the top. I hope we get to come back next year.— Texas
- The house, the view…..WOW! Thank you for sharing your house with us, it was a wonderful stay. At first thought our vacation would be too long and all of a sudden it became too short. The house is lovely, the goodies provided by Deborah just a great touch! We will be back!— Oklahoma City, OK
- Il Casale di Mele is a thoroughly beguiling combination of Italian charm and authenticity, North American standards of comfort and convenience and Deborah and Louie’s relentless good taste and good will. We have enjoyed the most marvelous three weeks here. THANK YOU!
PS. The only reason we can even leave is that we know we are coming back!— London, England
- After many trips to Italy we have discovered Il Casale di Mele, the ultimate and ideal vacation spot! In addition to the generous hospitality of our hosts – we have enjoyed the charming house, the spectacular panorama of Umbria and the delicious food from Deborah’s Italian kitchen. Our hearts are full and so are our stomachs!
Molto Grazie – Can’t wait to come back!— Fort Worth Texas & Nashville, TN
- Umbria spells wonderful life – the beauty of Il Casale di mele blends only too well with the magnificant endearing surrounding – the food – the wine – the great old towns. Your generosity and hospitality will always be with us. Thank you for sharing your dream with us!— Naples, FL
- Thank you so much for everything. The TomTom was priceless, our treats were amazing, and you are a wonderful cook Deborah. The wine tasting and appetizer night was fabulous and very helpful. Your home and property were so comfortable and luxurious…..what a nice treat after the hustle and bustle of our earlier time in Italy.— Sarnia, Ontario
- As we get ready to leave your Umbrian dream we only wish we had planned to stay another week. What an amazing and memory filled week and I cannot think of a better way to experience Italy for the first time. You are both the most gracious hosts, and made our stay so enjoyable! We feel so blessed to have experienced this special time and place. We are constantly pinching ourselves, in awe of the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. We’re off to Cinque Terre before heading back home full of love and glorious memories of our happy stay at Il Casale di Mele.— Seattle, WA
- Thank you for the great time at your beautiful villa. We loved tasting the local wines and Deborah’s delicious appetizers and cakes. We understand your love for this beautiful oasis ~ Umbria. We will miss the sounds of the church bells ringing, the rolling green hills, and the magnificent vistas we enjoyed while sitting on your terrace.— St. Charles, IL
- Thank you for a very enjoyable week – A very relazing way to spend the end of our vacation in Italy. The food you prepared for us was great and we will be checking out your website for recipes. The views from the terrace in the morning were wonderful. Grazie Mille!— Warwich, RI
- What a wonderful experience in Italy! You have made us feel so welcome and at home. You have provided such wonderful touches to make our trip easy, comfortable, and allowed us to visit the countryside with ease. The food and hospitality were beyond compare!— St. Albians, NO
- Thank you so very much for sharing your special piece of heaven in Umbria. We have so enjoyed your beautiful grounds and farmhouse. All of your suggestions in regards to towns to visit and restaurants to dine in were spot on and we were never disappointed. We have been planning this trip for over a year to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you again for making our stay so memorable!— Grosse Pointe, MI
- Our group of 6 had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect. It was just the right amount of touring, lunching, napping, and cooking. The wine and appetizers were most welcome. Deborah is a wonderful cook, and the apple and plum cakes were perfect for breakfasts. We couldn’t possibly have had a better time. Thank you so much Deborah & Louie. Maybe we can come back again one day.— Virginia, USA
- We loved our very relaxing week at Il Casale di Mele. The week would not have been complete without your excellent input on the local Umbria towns, the delicious baked goods you spoiled us with, and of course the TomTom. You both have found your calling – You are wonderful hosts and you have thought of everything to make the house so comfortable.— Naples, FL
- What a wonderful place! You have made us feel like family. The view, the pool, food and conversation will never be forgotten.— Wisconsin
- Beautiful home & beautiful country! We enjoyed a very relaxing week. The pool was perfect. The kids loved the movie & game selection. We appreciate your hospitality and look forward to seeing you again.— Ontario, Canada
- This has been the most fantastic experience enjoying your house and beautiful Umbria. We will for sure be back!— Denmark
- Thanks so much for the most wonderful vacation! We were lucky to be able to spend two great weeks in your lovely villa. This was our first time in Umbria and we all agree we will come back soon.— Denmark
- Our third visit......Your hospitality is exceptional and knowledge of the area is amazing. The children love to come back to Il Casale di Mele and we do too!— London, England
- So very happy to arrive, so very sad to leave. Many new places explored and many new places enjoyed. Another remarkable stay with Deborah & Louie in Umbria. They say actions speak louder than words.....we will be back!— London, England
- Serenity...for me that one word describes it. From the moment one is awake, through walks down the street, or drives to the various hill towns. Thanks is not enough so I guess we\'ll just have to return!— Point Edward, Ontario, Canada
- We felt welcome from the moment we arrived at your villa. From wineries to restaurants, we were always amazed at the scenery we enjoyed on our excursions. The week has come and gone too fast and although we are looking forward to our next adventure, we will always remember the kind hospitality and tranquility of Casale di Mele.— London, Ontario, Canada
- Thanks so much for a wonderful week in Umbria! We joked when we arrived that your houses should be called farmcastles instead of farmhouses. Deborah, your dishes were some of my favorite of all the wonderful food I tasted. I hope I get to return and stay even longer.— NYC
- Our families have had the greatest week in Umbria. Our home away from home was phenomenal. The food from Deborah\\\'s kitchen energized us for our journeys into the countryside, and we will always remember the breathtaking views of Umbria and our backyard. Cheers & salute to the most gracious hosts ever!— Fort Worth, Texas
- We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Il Casale di Mele. Your gracious hospitality combined with the stunning beauty of the property have made this a holiday we will always remember.— Toronto, Canada
- Thank you so much for your hospitality - Louies pizza and Deborahs delicious cakes. We have had a wonderful introduction to Italy and are very much looking forward to a return visit.— London, England
- We have been looking forward to this for so long and your hospitality and beautiful villa exceeded our widest dreams.— New Zealand
- A wonderful week with friends in a beautiful villa. Thanks so much for your wonderful hospitality.— England
- We had a great stay at your villa and the four weeks went by so fast. We will miss Umbria and Deborahs cakes! You are wonderful hosts, Thank you for making this a memorable stay.— Chicago, Illinois
- Thanks for making our first trip to Italy so memorable. Your wonderful home and gracious hospitality will not be forgotten. The two of you are Umbria\'s greatest Ambassadors!— Boston, Maine
- We have enjoyed every minute of our stay at your lovely home. Thank you for your hospitality and all the wonderful goodies.— Vermont
- As your last guests of the year, we can only say what everyone else has already said - Umbria - beautiful!
Il Casale di Mele - wonderful!
The wine tasting was fabulous, but it is the both of you that makes all of this even more speacial.— New York